Thursday, August 20, 2009

Now, That's Good Liquor Advertising


While the vodka and liqueur companies are busy selling their product through the use of bizarre robots, dissolute drunken celebutantes and off-putting hillbillies, Johnnie Walker has come up with an ad that is simultaneous entertaining, education, classy and atmospheric, and actually works beautifully as a short film. It's six-and-a-half minutes long (actually, five minutes, if you skip the credits), and stars Scottish actor Robert Carlyle narrating the history of the brand as he walks down a road in the Scottish highlands. It's thrillingly shot in one single take, a la Orson Welles.

Now, I watched this video last night. But this morning I can't find it. Everyplace I look, I find the disclaimer, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bartle Bogle Hegarty Limited." Sorry for the tease, but I honestly don't know where this video went.

UPDATE: Someone helped me find it. Here you go.

1 comment:

Michael Moroney said...

Here is a link to the video:

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/news/926327/Johnnie-Walker-the-man-walked-around-world-BBH-London/